November 17, 2015
How to Wear Over-the-Knee Boots
Over-the-knee boots are a challenging trend to master. Of course when they’re worn on a model they look stunning and super easy to pull off. But in reality they’re a bit tricker to wear. I think when they’re styled right- depending on each body type the outcome is beautiful. Here are a few of my tricks and tips for over-the-knee boots this season:
- For petites: Pair these boots with fitted, strutted pieces. Opt for a pair of tight denim or a miniskirt so there’s space between the boot and the hemline.
- For tall ladies: Opt for an easy sweater dress that hits right at the thigh and gives just a bit of space between your boots and hemline.
- For curvy ladies: Wear a pair of boots that hits right above the knee to create a long leg and pair with a darker denim or a hue thats similar to your denim of choice.
- For the office: If you want to take this look to the office, pair with a long skirt and make sure to keep your thighs covered. You don’t want any part of your leg showing in order to create a sleek look.
- For the day: Wear over-the-knee boots with your favorite shorts to transition into the fall season. Throw on a chunky sweater for an off-duty street style look.
Shop the picks: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.(similar)