It’s best to make an appointment to see a dermatologist. Dermatologists are the experts in diagnosing and treating hair loss. A dermatologist can tell you whether it’s FPHR or something else that is causing your hair loss. Other causes of hair loss can look like FPHL, so it’s important to rule out these causes.
What type of dermatologist treats hair loss?
Dermatologist examining a patient with hair loss
To get an accurate diagnosis, it helps to see a board-certified dermatologist. These doctors have in-depth knowledge about the many causes of hair loss and experience treating the diverse causes.
Can I consult a dermatologist for hair loss?
If you consult a dermatologist (a skin doctor who normally deals with hair issues), they will first check if you are losing hair volume because your hair is falling off and not getting replaced or because it is beginning to miniaturize.
What is the best treatment for hair loss?
The most common options include: Minoxidil (Rogaine). Over-the-counter (nonprescription) minoxidil comes in liquid, foam and shampoo forms. To be most effective, apply the product to the scalp skin once daily for women and twice daily for men.
Is there any cure for hair loss?
Baldness is an accepted part of the aging process for some, and a source of distress for others. Hair loss affects millions of men and women, yet despite decades of research, a cure is still not available.
What do dermatologists prescribe for thinning hair?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved minoxidil to treat hair loss. It is the only hair re-growth product approved for men and women. A dermatologist may combine minoxidil with another treatment.
Which doctor treats hair problems?
A Trichologist is an expert who specializes in the study of diseases or problems related to the hair and scalp. They identify, analyze the cause of hair and scalp diseases and provide the right treatment plan to cure the conditions associated with hair and scalp diseases.
What is the name of hair specialist?
Trichologist: A trichologist is an expert who specialises in hair and scalp related problems. He is also the right person to diagnose alopecia and help treat all forms of alopecia. He might advise various hair and scalp tests to know the exact cause of the hair problem and recommend treatment options for the same.
How can I stop my hair loss?
How to prevent hair loss
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hair.
- Avoid high-heat hair styling tools.
- Don’t chemically treat or bleach your hair.
- Use a shampoo that’s mild and suited for your hair.
- Use a soft brush made from natural fibers. …
- Try low-level light therapy.
Which vitamin is best for hair fall?
The 5 Best Vitamins for Hair Loss Prevention, Based on Research
- Biotin. Biotin (vitamin B7) is important for cells inside your body. …
- Iron. Red blood cells need iron to carry oxygen. …
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for your gut to absorb iron. …
- Vitamin D. You might already know that vitamin D is important for bones. …
Which shampoo is best for hair fall?
Best shampoo to control and reduce hair fall
- Indulekha Bringha Shampoo, Ayurvedic Medicine For Hair Fall. …
- Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo for Falling Hair. …
- Tresemme Hair Fall Defence Shampoo. …
- Dove Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo. …
- Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo. …
- Pantene Advanced Hair Fall Solution Shampoo.